Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Webspiration Inspiration
We had great fun with webspiration last week. It was the most exciting activity we did so far on the computer. Our masters class had seen a lecturer do this at one of our sessions. I believe we were more interested in the software and how it revealed itself, than what was actually taught. This concept map holds great potential for me as an educator, and a reading specialist. The wealth of potential I can envision through the application of this concept mapping promises fantastic teaching potential. In addition as a student these maps can store ideas and main points to help me to revise and review for presentations and examinations or simply to refresh my mind with the information gathered in a class. I don't know if any other idea can beat this one, but I look forward to seeing what will reveal itself in future classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My sentiments are almost the same.I too think that this lab session exposed me to one of the most fascinating tools. I really enjoyed the versatility of this tool especially its ability to insert images and collaborate meaningfully in real time.
ReplyDeleteLike you said, concept mapping software holds immense possibilities for both teachers and students and moreso for the Reading Specialist.
I can also see this software as a motivational tool that fosters active involvement in the classroom. Bruning et.al., (1999) state that active involvement is essential for meaningful learning.
Thank you for sharing your post, Chandai